1. Across the bridge of fates unknown
we venture, leaving childhood ways,
to make decisions on our own,
for good or ill, for blame or praise.
2. We'll walk with friends we can admire,
whose words and deeds with ours combine
to move ambition and desire
in harmony with love divine.
3. The keys of freedom, strength, and hope
we gladly claim, and set our heart
to find, unlock and test the scope
of beauty, science, skill and art.
4. We'll seek the truth, expose the shame
of hatred, prejudice, and greed,
and nail the lies that try to blame
the poor and hungry for their need.
5. We bless the Spirit, deep within,
that names us lovely, full of worth,
and sing for joy as we begin
to work for good, and tend the earth.