1. O blest Redeemer, to us each recall
how Peter willingly embraced your call:
`Come, follow me and trust, whate'er befall'. Alleluia!
2. The journey Peter had in faith begun
disclosed the Truth in all that you had done:
`Behold the Christ; you are God's Holy One'. Alleluia!
3. Enthralled to be upon the mountain rim,
he saw your glory which no light can dim:
`This is my Son; give ear alone to him'. Alleluia!
4. Assailed by those who planned a murd'rous plot,
his fears prevailed as he all trust forgot:
`This man - I swear to you, I know him not'. Alleluia!
5. Despite the words that once made Peter weep,
despite Gethsemane's exhausted sleep,
you knew his love for you: `Come, feed my sheep'. Alleluia!
6. O blest Redeemer, we sing out your praise;
with words to Peter set our faith ablaze:
`Remember, I shall be with you always'. Alleluia! Amen.