METRICAL PSALMS FOR THE CHURCH YEAR (Author's Collections)
Words By: Various authors / Music By: Hal H. Hopson
This publication was created in response to the need for a variety of metrical psalm settings for the appointed psalms in the Three Year Lectionary. Included are 42 Psalms and 3 Canticles for the major Sundays and Days in the Liturgical Year. The tunes are in singable, comfortable keys, which encourages congregational participation. The keyboard accompaniments provide a creative undergirding of a given tune and text, and may be played on a variety of keyboard instruments. The comprehensive indices provide valuable information for the selection of an appropriate psalm for any given liturgy.
- Arise, O Lord Our God, Arise
- Be Joyful in the Lord
- Blessed Be the God of Israel
- Clap Your Hands, O Faithful People
- Come, Let Us Sing unto the Lord
- Give Praise to the Lord
- Give Thanks unto Our Gracious God
- God Is Our Refuge
- God, Our Lord, a King Remaining
- God's Glory Fills the Heavens
- God Reigns, Enthroned on High!
- God Reigns! Let Earth Rejoice
- Grant Justice, Lord, to Those Who Rule
- Have Mercy, Lord
- Hear My Prayer, O God
- How Glad Was My Rejoicing
- How Lovely, Lord, How Lovely
- I Love You, Lord
- In You, O Lord, I Find My Refuge
- Lord, You Have Searched Me
- My Song Forever Shall Record
- My Soul, Bless the Lord!
- My Soul Proclaims with Wonder
- O Come and Sing Unto the Lord
- O God, Our Sovereign God
- O Shepherd, Hear and Lead Your Flock
- O Sing a New Song to the Lord
- O Sing a New Song Loud and Clear
- Praise the Lord!
- Praise the Lord Our God
- Sing Praise to the Lord!
- Surely It Is God Who Saves Me
- The Earth Belongs to the Lord
- The Earth, with All That Dwells Therein
- The God of Heaven Thunders
- The Lord Has Long with Favor Looked
- The Lord My Shepherd Rules My Life
- The Mighty God, with Power Speaks
- Thus Spoke the Lord
- To God I Sing My Grateful Praise
- to You, O Lord, I Lift My Soul
- When the Lord Brought Home Our Treasure
- When We Walk with God
- Why Do Nations Rage Together?
- Why, God, Have You Forsaken Me?